Have you experienced a Traumatic or Stressful life event?
Help us understand how these types of experiences may impact physical health by participating in a research study.
The Sumner Stress Lab at UCLA is recruiting individuals who have experienced a traumatic or stressful event, and believe they suffer as a result, to participate in a research study. For your participation, you may be eligible to receive up to $265 and to have an opportunity to advance research on how stress impacts health. The study does not provide treatment, but referrals for treatment are available.
Study procedures include:
- A ~3-hour in-person interview ($50 compensation, plus $20 for travel to UCLA)
- A ~4-hour lab visit ($175 compensation, plus $20 for travel to UCLA)
There is also an optional third visit approximately 2 years later ($175 compensation, plus $20 for travel to UCLA).
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- Are age 18 or older
- Have experienced an event like:
- Physical violence
- Unwanted sexual experience
- War and combat
- Natural disaster
- Sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one
- Have no cardiovascular medical conditions (e.g., history of heart attack, stroke)
If you are interested in participating in this study and you meet the criteria, please contact us via email or phone at 310-737-8279.
All data will be kept strictly confidential.